Agriculture Education and Allied Sciences
Bachelor of Science or B.Sc. in Agriculture is an undergraduate degree awarded by Indian Universities for 10+2 pass students. The course duration is four years. Like, BE/B. Tech, or MBBS, B.Sc. (Ag.) is considered as a 'professional' degree by Government of India. The course is not so popular among students but the demand of trained professionals in Agriculture is very high. Agriculture is a source of employment for over 50% of the population. The sector contributes around 13.9% to the GDP.
B.Sc. Agriculture & Allied graduates can find jobs in both public and private sectors. The Gazette post of Government of India like Agricultural Officer (Agronomist) is one of the most prestigious jobs in public sector after B.Sc. Agriculture. Some private sector MNCs like ITC, Monsanto and Cargill, are beginning to establish their presence in commercial farming as well as small farmer-led production initiatives. So they are on the lookout for young executives to handle extension services.
There are 42 State Agricultural Universities (SAUs), 1 Central Agricultural University (CAU), 5 Deemed Universities (DUs) and 4 general Central Universities with Agriculture faculty in India. These institutions provide admission at UG level in 11 disciplines and about 15,000 students get enrolled every year. There are large numbers of private colleges and general universities too which admit large number of students in B.Sc. Agriculture course.
Top Universities offering B.Sc. Agriculture
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar
- Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
- MPKV ,Rahuri
- PDKV ,Akola
Under Graduate Programs
5)B.Sc. (Food Tech.)
6) BBA (Agriculture)
8) B.Sc. (Agribusiness Management)
9) B.Tech. (Energy and Environmental Engineering)
10) B.Tech. (Agricultural InformationTechnology)
11) B.Sc. (Sericulture)
12) B.Tech. (Agricultural InformationTechnology)
13) B.Tech. (Bioinformatics)
14) Dairy Science/ Technology
15) Fisheries Sciences
16) Home Science
B.Sc. Agriculture involves study of agriculture sciences and use of modern scientific equipment and techniques in agriculture, land surveying, soil science, water resource management, animal and poultry management, basics of biotechnology etc. The objective of the course is to use these concepts to train students to improve agricultural productivity.
Agricultural education is a broad term which includes disciplines of Agriculture (Agronomy), Veterinary Science, Forestry, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science etc.
The B.Sc. (Ag.) degree in India is typically a 4-year course under credit based semester system. The program also includes a compulsory 1 semester of internship (Rural Agricultural Work Experience). Most of the courses are infused with practical with emphasis on 'hands on experience and learning by doing.
Every year ICAR conducts entrance exam for Undergraduate admission on all India Basis,
- 15% seats are filled by AIEEA in every Agri. University
ICAR AIEEA Syllabus
Indian Council of Agricultural Research has updated a status
about ICAR AIEEA Syllabus 2017 you can check and download from official website. Many thousands of candidates have applied for an exam of All India Entrance Examination for Admission. You can download from official site very easily.
ICAR is going to conduct an exam of All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) exam. UG & PG examination will be conducted in the month of May 2017.Candidates can start preparing for ICAR AIEEA exam according to the syllabus.
Syllabus is very important for all exams. Without syllabus you can’t prepare for exam. Now candidates can download syllabus very simply on our site. If you are looking for syllabus then you can check it out on our page of gosarkarinaukri.co.in.
Overview about ICAR AIEEA Syllabus 2017
· Name of organization - Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
· Name of exam - All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) exam
· Category – Syllabus / exam pattern
· Official website - www.icar.org.in
· Type of Announcement – ICAR AIEEA Syllabus 2017
Exam will be conducted for two streams - Science Stream - Biology/ Agriculture, Physics and Chemistry, Mathematics Stream - Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics
Name of Subject
Number of Questions
Mathematics/ Biology/ Agriculture
Brief syllabus of AIEEA
Syllabus of Mathematics
· Coordinate Geometry
· Linear Programming
· Mathematical Reasoning
· Sets and functions
· Statistics & Probability
· Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
Syllabus of Physics
· Atoms & Nuclei
· Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
· Communication Systems
· Current Electricity
· Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
· Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
· Electromagnetic waves
· Electronic Devices
· Laws of Motion
· Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
· Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
· Oscillations and Waves
· Physical World and Measurement
· Properties of Bulk Matter
· Work, Energy and Power
Syllabus of Chemistry
· Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
· Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acid
· Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
· Chemical Kinetics
· Chemistry in Everyday life
· Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
· Coordination Compounds
· Environmental Chemistry
· Group 14 elements
· Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
· Organic Chemistry
· Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
· Preparation and properties of some important compound
· Redox Reaction
· s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
· Solid State
· Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
· Some p-Block Elements
· States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
· Structure of Atom
Syllabus of Biology
· Application of Biology
· Continuity of Life
· Diversity of Life
· Multicellulairty : Structure and Function – Plant Life
· Multicellularity : Structure and Function – Animal Life
· Organisms and Environment
· Origin and Evolution of Life
· The living world
· Unit of Life
Syllabus of Agriculture
· Agro meteorology
· Biochemistry and Microbiology
· Crop Production
· Genetics and Plant Breeding
· Livestock Production
Starting Date to apply AIEEA UG & AIEEA PG Application Form(online & offline)
first week of February, 2017
Last Date to apply AIEEA UG & AIEEA PG Application Form
last week of February, 2017
Last date of receipt of AIEEA UG and PG Applications form remote areas
last week of February, 2017
Ate of downloading Admit Card or Roll number query (if any)
last week of March, 2017
Date of AIEEA UG Exam
second week of April, 2017
Date of AIEEA PG Exam
second week of April, 2017
Result Declaration Date
last week of May, 2017
Date of Counselling Schedule/Personal Appearance
in the month of June/July, 2017
For more details, please visit
Web – www.icar.org.in
Advance Courses in Agriculture
MBA (Agri. Business Management)
Agriculture Education in Maharashtra
Maharashtra Council of Agriculture Education & research, Pune (MCAER ) used to control admission process and coordinate the below mentioned four Agriculture in Universities in Maharashtra.
1) Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Agricultural University,Parbhani
Web - www.vnmkv.ac.in
2) Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth,Dapoli (Dist. Ratnagiri)
Web - www.dbskkv.org
3) Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri (Dist. Ahemadnagar)
Web - mpkv.ac.in
4) Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth,Akola
Web - www.pdkv.ac.in
Admission – 10+2 Science stream or equivalent students with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects, who have passed their board examination from a recognized board, are eligible to pursue this course. Minimum marks criteria exist, which varies from one University to another. Generally, it is between 40-50% marks in PCB subjects.PCM group is must for B.Tech courses in Agriculture.
For More details, please visit to
Web - www.mcaer.org
Carrier Opportunities in Agriculture
1)Agriculture Input companies like Monsanto ,Bayer,BASF ,Sygenta etc.- R & D ,Production ,Sales & Marketing
2) Banking Sector – Nationalized bank ,Private bank, Cooperative bank like SBI,BOI,HDFC etc.
3) Corporate companies – Rural area focused organization like TCS,ITC etc.
4) Research & Development – Govt. Agri. University and state and Centre units like KVK,Univercities etc.
5) Lecturer- In Agri. Universities and Agri. Institutions
6) Automobile – Tractor,Agri. Machineries & equipment companies and automobile companies related to rural area like M& M,TAFE,Tata Motors,Mitshubhishi etc.
7) NGO – All NGO’s related to Agri. And rural area like Nandi foundation,Afarm,ASA etc.
8) Cooperative field – Huge scope in Cooperative companies and organization like NCCT,Suger Mill ,Govt. institution etc.
9)Govt. Agri. Dept. – Huge scope via competitive exam
10) Civil Exam – like MPSC,UPSC ,SSC & Various local competitive exam.
11) Crop Management and modern agri. – Various organization like Pepsico ,ITC,Jain irrigation running contract farming and orchid plantation project which require skill manpower
12)Agri. Allied Sciences Scope -Scope in fields like Sericulture ,Fisheries ,dairy,forestry,poultry, biotechnology etc.
13) Export and import – Export and Import of Agri. And related product requires skilled manpower from Agri.field, Companies like Bandhan Agritech,Desai fruits,Mahindra & Mahindra,Sahydri,APEDA etc involved in import and export.
14) Scope in foreign countries – Agri. Graduated is having huge scope in foreign countries like Israel, Europe, Africa & USA etc.